New Local San Diego Flavor!
Valley View Casino Center management have been working hard to bring you the best in entertainment and we are now ecstatic to bring you the best in local food and beverage. You’ll want to arrive early to sink your teeth into this:
About an hour’s drive south of San Diego along the Baja Mexico coast, lies what was once a small fishing village called Puerto Nuevo. For many years tourist have flocked to the local fisherman’s houses to eat local Pacific lobsters, wrapped in warm flour tortillas along with ranchero beans, Mexican rice and a hot red chili sauce. In May of 1992, we were persuaded to open our Puerto Nuevo style restaurant at the Oceanside Marina which has now expanded to multiple locations throughout San Diego.
Back in March of 1987, Gina and Vince Marsaglia, a pair of siblings in their 20′s, bought a struggling pizza place in the sleepy coastal town of Solana Beach, just north of San Diego. From a funky storefront on the famous Pacific Coast Highway the duo ran the “Pizza Port” with a classic menu of pizza and chicken wings to which they added their own “San Diego” twist. Word spread quickly and it wasn’t long before Pizza Port was a local favorite.
It all started when Salvatore Nicolosi immigrated from Sicily to America in 1906. Salvatore and his wife, Francesca, opened their first restaurant in 1952 in Mission Hills, California.
After Salvatore passed in 1954, the restaurant was taken over by his family. As the eatery grew in popularity, their desire to expand brought new locations and San Diego’s first delivery service featuring two Yamaha motorcycles with boxes on the back to transport pizzas.
Nicolosi’s has had various locations over the years, but all have brought the same Sicilian family recipes and authentic atmosphere that customers are drawn to. In addition, Nicolosi’s has many dedicated employees working at their restaurants for more than 25 years, and in some cases more than 35 years. These employees are part of the family, and have been serving loyal guests for decades.
Nicolosi’s now has two locations in San Diego and is owned by one of Salvatore’s grandson, Ron Burner, along with his wife Barbara. They still use many of the traditional family recipes that were brought over from Sicily, and its authentic cuisine and home-style coziness has made Nicolosi’s a San Diego monument for true Italian cuisine.
At Cali Comfort BBQ in the heart of Spring Valley, we barbecue all of our meats in our Ole Hickory Smoker with select cooking woods after they have been seasoned with our specialty Cali Dry Rub. A general rule of thumb for our smoked meats are as follows: Pulled Pork—four hours, Brisket—13 hours, Pork Ribs—six hours, Chicken—four hours, Tri-Tip—two hours. Since we smoke the traditional way, “low-n-slow,” there are times that they may run out due to increased cravings for great tasting barbecue. We are proud sponsors of the San Diego Gulls and the Valley View Casino Center and look forward to showcasing our food at every event on the schedule!
Ruby’s Diner is a classic American diner serving up breakfast, lunch and dinner at their 30+ locations across the country. At the Valley View Casino Center location, load up on their signature burgers, fries, tater tots and world-famous shakes. Ruby’s Diner motto: ONLY THE BEST FOR OUR GUESTS!
Legend has it that the inception of the Poutine dates back to 1957 in a restaurant right outside the city of Montreal in Canada’s French speaking province of Quebec. A customer asked the restaurant owner to mix cheese curds and gravy into his fries. The restaurateur then responded: “Ça va faire une maudite poutine”, an attribution to the French expression: “It will make a damn Mess”. Mess Royale is poised to bring the magic of Montreal-style poutine, grilled cheese and bagels to San Diego and is perfect for lunch, dinner, date or even as a greasy, salty after-party munchies. Our mission is to make delicious food using fresh quality ingredients
We make what we like to drink, and that doesn’t stop at beer. The same adventurous spirit that guided us from home brewers to professionals also inspired our journey into the world of distilling. We took our time, studied traditions, experimented with techniques, and ultimately began crafting award-winning spirits we are truly proud of. Whether straight from our custom-built coper Vendome still or rich from aging in a charred American oak barrel, we’re confident you’ll taste the dedication in each of our spirits.
Alcohol Serving and Consumption
Valley View Casino Center and its food and beverage concessionaires have adopted an alcohol policy that is designed to protect guests and the community from alcohol-related incidents.
Guests are expected to obey all state and local laws governing the purchase, possession, and consumption of alcohol. It is illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to consume alcoholic beverages. In addition, the following items are to be noted:
- Valley View Casino Center reserves the right to deny entry to anyone who appears to be impaired.
- Alcoholic beverages will not be served in containers larger than 24 ounces.
- There shall be a maximum limit of two alcoholic beverages sold to each Guest, per purchase, per valid ID.
- All Guests who appear to be younger than the age of thirty-five (35) will be asked to show positive identification prior to being served alcoholic beverages. Acceptable forms of valid United States identification are: Driver’s License, Passport, United States Passport Card, State Issued I.D. Card w/ Photo and birthdate, Military I.D. w/ Photo and birthdate.
- Valley View Casino Center reserves the right to eject anyone under the age of twenty one (21) who is observed to be in possession of, or consuming alcohol on the premises.
- Valley View Casino Center and its food and beverage concessionaires will implement ongoing responsible alcohol management training sessions for its serving staff.
- For most events, alcohol service in the outer concourse and seating area will end one hour prior to the scheduled end time. We stop service for hockey games promptly at puck drop for the third period and at the start of the fourth quarter for NBA games. Service may continue inside the Stella Artois Lounge however guests will not be allowed to exit the lounge with alcoholic beverages in hand.
- Guests must discard alcoholic beverages prior to exiting the building.
At our main concession stands, you will find:
- Hot Dogs
- Nachos with cheese
- Potato chips
- Fresh popped popcorn
- Super pretzels
- Warm churros
We also serve the following specialty foods*
- Planet Popcorn Kettle Corn and Specialty Popcorn (Sections 21A & 10B)
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate and Dip N Dots (Section 22B & 17A)
- Loaded Hot Dogs & Nachos (Section 12)
- Joe’s Mini Doughnuts & Corndogs (Section 21A)
- Wetzel’s Pretzels (Section 2)
- No Limit Shakes and Ice Cream (Section 22B)
*Some stands may be closed for select events.
The Valley View Casino Center is proud to serve the following beverages:
- Monster Energy Drinks
- Coke products, including Powerade
- Budweiser products
- Goose Island, 10 Barrel, and Kona Bar
- Stella Lounge (Full bar, located on the North Concourse)
- Tap Haus serving all local brews (Section 19)
*Please note that for selected events all drinks will be poured vs served in a can or a plastic bottle. We appreciate your patience as we work to provide a safe environment for all.
Our concessions were crafted by:
Whether we have 80 seats or 80,000, we obsess about every detail of the guest experience to make sure it’s the best it can be. That’s because our restaurant roots helped us pioneer the idea of premium dining at sports and entertainment venues. When the action starts, how about crab cakes and beef tenderloin? Lemon garlic chicken and a nice chardonnay? Even the hot dogs and nachos will be the tastiest in town! We serve up “fan”-tastic experiences at over 100 exhilarating locations around the world and the hottest events, from the Super Bowl to the Kentucky Derby, and every major league championship game in between.