- Is there disability seating at the Valley View Casino Center?
- How do I get to the Valley View Casino Center?
- When is the Box Office open?
- What if my tickets are stolen or damaged?
- Can I bring food into the Valley View Casino Center?
- When do doors usually open for shows?
- Where is the handicapped parking located?
- Where can I buy tickets to an event?
- Am I allowed to smoke in the Valley View Casino Center?
- Where are my seats located within the Valley View Casino Center?
- Where can I find out about upcoming events?
- Can you send me more info and updates about upcoming events?
- What kind of events take place at the Valley View Casino Center?
- What if I lose an item at the Valley View Casino Center?
- Where is the Will Call window?
- What if an event is canceled or postponed?
- Are cameras allowed at events?
1. Is there disability seating at the Valley View Casino Center?
The Valley View Casino Center is ADA compliant and proud to provide accessibility to Southern California’s diverse population. Guests requiring special seating, such as for wheelchairs, semi-ambulatory or other mobility impairments, hearing impaired, or the like, should contact the Valley View Casino Center Box Office at (619) 224-4171 x322 to arrange for the purchase of tickets. The accessible seating hotline is manned Monday through Friday from 11am to 5:30pm. Wheelchair and semi-ambulatory seating will be reserved for guests with disabilities (and their companions). For those patrons who require an interpreter we recommend contacting the Box Office prior to the first day an event goes on sale or a minimum of 30 days prior to the event. All efforts will be made to fulfill any requests made after that time but are not guaranteed.
2. How do I get to the Valley View Casino Center?
The Valley View Casino Center is located at 3500 Sports Arena Blvd. San Diego, CA 92110-4919. We’ve provided directions and parking information.
3. When is the Box Office open?
The Box Office is open from Monday to Friday 11am to 5:30pm, closed on Saturday and Sunday. If there is an event on Saturday and/or Sunday the Box Office will open at 1pm for that evenings event only. The Box Office will stay open until approx. thirty minutes after the scheduled event starting time. The accessible seating hotline is manned Monday through Friday from 11am to 5:30pm and for the first hour of a major on sale.
4. What if my tickets are stolen or damaged?
Tickets are sold on a no refund, no exchange, no cancellation policy. If your tickets are stolen or damaged, please immediately notify the Valley View Casino Center Box Office. If tickets are stolen, you must provide the ticket office with a copy of the police report (the file number alone will not be accepted). Included in the police report must be information that clearly states the event as well as the exact locations of the seats in question. After verification of the seat location by the Box Office, a seat locator will be issued. The replacement locator is subject to a charge not to exceed the face value of the stolen tickets. Tickets that are lost or misplaced will not be replaced. To avoid any problems, please be sure to keep your tickets in a safe place.
5. Can I bring food into the Valley View Casino Center?
The Valley View Casino Center does not allow the following items under any circumstances: Bottles, cans, food and beverages, liquid containers, coolers, water bottles, large backpacks or bags, duffel bags, boxes, illegal substances, weapons, laser pens, fireworks, cameras, video or audio recording devices, spiked or studded belts or bracelets, wallet chains or any item that may be deemed potentially harmful. Click Here for all of the Rules and Policies of the Valley View Casino Center
6. When do doors usually open for shows?
Valley View Casino Center doors generally open 60 minutes prior to the event start time, however, doors may open 90 minutes prior to the event start time or special occasions.
7. Where is the handicapped parking located?
Handicapped parking spaces are clearly marked and available on the North side of the Valley View Casino Center only. Be sure to hang an appropriate license tag on your rear view mirror or place the tag on your dashboard. If need be, please ask the parking attendants to direct you to the designated parking area.
8. Where can I buy tickets to an event?
You can purchase tickets at AXS.com, over the phone at 1-888-9-AXS-TIX or come to the Valley View Casino Center and buy tickets at the Valley View Casino Center Box Office. More information is available on our Tickets page.
9. Am I allowed to smoke in the Valley View Casino Center?
California law prohibits smoking, e-cigarettes and vaping in public assembly facilities. Smoking is allowed in designated areas located outside each entrance to the facility. Please check with a Valley View Casino Center usher or security personnel for exact locations.
10. Where are my seats located within the Valley View Casino Center?
Your seat arrangement may vary depending on the type of show you are enjoying. More information, including seating maps and our Interactive Seat Viewer, is available on our Seating page.
11. Where can I find out about upcoming events?
You can find out about upcoming events on our events page or call us at (619) 224-4171.
12. Can you send me more info and updates about upcoming events?
Join the E-Newsletter mailing list and you will receive email updates based on your interests.
13. What kind of events take place at the Valley View Casino Center?
The Valley View Casino Center brings the best concerts, family shows, sporting events, and a variety of other special events to Southern California audiences.
14. What if I lose an item at the Valley View Casino Center?
All lost and found items are taken to Guest Services booths during events, located on the Outer Concourse across from sections 4 and 15. During an event, guests should visit a Guest Service booth to inquire about or report lost items. After an event, please contact our main venue line at (619) 224-4171 and have ready a description of the item and the date the item was lost. Valley View Casino Center management assumes no responsibility for items lost at events.
15. Where is the Will Call window?
The Will Call window is located at the Box Office on the North side of the Valley View Casino Center. AXS Will Call may be picked up the day of the event only, normally no earlier than 1.5 hours before event time. The I.D. and credit card of the account holder is required to pick up tickets from Will Call. Other prearranged Will Call can be picked up with proper I.D. during normal Box Office operating hours.
16. What if an event is canceled or postponed?
Refunds will be issued at point of purchase for any shows cancelled at the Valley View Casino Center. Refunds will only be issued back to the original purchaser via the original method of payment.
Should a show postpone, the tickets purchased for the original event date will be honored on the rescheduled date. For guests who are unable to attend the rescheduled date, refunds may be requested through the original point of purchase via the original method of payment.
17. Are cameras allowed at events?
Non-professional, non-flash still photography is permitted at most events (disposable, digital, or 35mm cameras with max built-in lens no greater than 3” and no interchangeable or telephoto lenses). Please note: at the request of the artist/performer/team, cameras of any type or video recording on any device may be prohibited at some events. Video recording devices (camcorders), audio recording devices (recorders/microphones), iPads or Tablets, Go Pro cameras, monopods, tripods, selfie sticks, camera bags and cameras with telephoto or interchangeable lenses (professional photography equipment) are not permitted inside The Valley View Casino Center at any time. Flash photography is prohibited at all times. This policy will be strictly enforced and management reserves the right to deny any electronic device at their discretion.